It’s important to choose the right name for business you are going to start. I will tell you some useful tips on choosing a domain name; you need to look before getting a domain.
To create a website we need two essential things
what is meant by Domain?
A lot of people don’t know a lot about the word domain , well let me tell you in an easy way.
Domain is the name of your website.
For example, if you invite your friend to your home, he will ask for an address to come to your home, without address he can’t come to your home, so we need an address. Same like that when we need an address of our website so someone can visit our website.This address is called domain. For example shspot.com
Which domain extensions we should choose?
You have seen a lot of website on the internet some website end with .com and some end with .tv, .online, .org, .net these are Domains Extensions.
You can select domain extensions according to your website purpose, suppose if I am starting a non-profit organization then the best choice for me to create a website is with .org domain extension. If I want to target only single country like Pakistan, then I will purchase .pk or .com.pk extension because it will help to boost my SEO rank as it tells Google that this website is targeting Pakistan audience, so Google prefers it in search engine, so always be clever to choose a domain extension.
8 Tips on choosing a Domain name
Your domain has an important role in ( SEO) Search Engine Optimization. Before registering a domain, there are few things you have to consider.
- Shorter domain name is always better .
- Your domain must contain your main keyword(s).
- I highly recommend a .com or a .net because of SEO.
- Make the domain easy to remember.
- Don’t Use Confusing words like One or 1.
- A domain like howtoearnonline.com is too long, even it’s exactly right to our target, onlinemoney.com is a much better domain, or .net if the .com isn’t available because it has a short name and it’s easy to remember short names.
- If you are creating a website for the particular country, then you need to get a domain for a specific country code.
For example, you want to create a website for the UK, then you would consider getting a UK domain extension (.co.uk), and if you are Pakistani and will be writing in National language, then a Pakistani domain extension (.com.pk) will be best for you. so this mean you will get the user from google.com.pk, and you will be ranked according to this country. If you want to target worldwide traffic, then .com or .net is the best. “
- Make sure the domain you are purchasing is available on a Top social network. To make it simple, I will explain you with an example.
Suppose you are buying website shahzaib.com so what you need to do is check on facebook and twitter that the username shahzaib is available. Because if its not available and someone is using username exact as your domain then it would be not good for your website.A person having username can misguide about your domain too, so becarefull.”
If you have any question regarding this article, comment below I will help you.